Theodore "Blue" Edwards

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"I'll Be A Kid in a Candy Store"


So what was Ron Artest's reaction to being traded to the Houston Rockets?


"I'll be a kid in a candy store," Artest said. "I'll be a kid in a store with a lot of candy. I'm going to dance with the stars."


I'm not sure what Ron was thinking of with that bit about dancing with the stars, but the first part was definitely a poor choice of words. He may have been trying to convey how happy he was to go to Houston, but when I think of kids in a candy store I think of a lack of self control. Kids in a candy store are free to eat as much sugar as their pocketchange will let them. Which is the problem with Ron's choice of words. People are worried about his self-control. And he may indulge himself as long as he can support it with his pocketbook. I smell an ironic self-prophecy.

Artest is going to exert no self control and when no one will take a risk with him next year, his next gig will be on ABC's Dancing With the Stars.


Because while everyone else seems to think this move helps the rockets, I think there is great risk that this will hurt them. After all, Ron Artest is crazy.

1 comment:

burke said...

so what the heck is on the back of his head? warier? did he mean warrior? and aren't they in golden state.....................

Little Artest

Little Artest
A Symbol of Ron Artest's lack of self control